Information Regarding Chicago Manual of Style Conversion Services for Journal Articles
To use Common Ground’s citation editing services, authors must first get a Price Quote from the Publishing department.
Contact us to express your interest in having your article edited. A member of our Publishing department will review your article and provide you with a quote.
Once you have received the quote and your payment has been successfully processed, we will assign a copy editor to your article. You will receive a copy of your edited article via email within fourteen to twenty-one business days.
Please select “Editing Services” as the topic and use the subject line to specify your interest in Citation Editing Services.
Common Ground requires the use of the seventeenth edition of the Chicago Manual of Style for all submitted journal articles. We are pleased to offer a conversion service for authors who may be familiar with a different scholarly referencing style.
If an article that we have edited is rejected by a Common Ground journal on purely referencing-style grounds, you can receive either a full refund or have your article re-edited free of charge. However, if you make alterations to your article after we edit it or choose not to accept our recommended revisions, you are not eligible for a refund or free re-editing. Your article will be edited within fourteen to twenty-one business days. While arranging for editorial services and while your article is with the copy editor, any deadlines related to this article will be extended.
Please note that this service is not mandatory for publication in a Common Ground journal. Using this service does not guarantee acceptance for publication, nor are you obliged to submit your edited article to a Common Ground journal. Please note that we take academic integrity seriously. By submitting your article to our editing services, we trust that the material you have submitted is based entirely on original material. If plagiarism is found after an article has gone through our editing services, you waive the right to a refund. If plagiarism is found and your article has been uploaded to our system, the article will be withdrawn from the publication process, and future revisions of this article and any article submitted by you will be ineligible for submission to our journals and our editing services.
For articles under 5,000 words (excluding titles, subtitles, and the abstract), the charge for reference conversion is $50. If your article is more than 5,000 words, please contact us for a quote. One of our freelance copy editors will:
- Change references to confirm proper use of the Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition.
- Check that in-text citations are included in the reference list.
- Indicate if a citation in the reference list does not appear in-text.
- Verify the correct year of in-text citations to the corresponding references.
- Verify the correct/consistent spelling of names for in-text citations for the corresponding references.
The following is not included with Common Ground’s full editing services and is the responsibility of the author(s):
- Adding content to the article.
- Ensuring that all material is properly cited and that direct quotations are indicated using quotation marks.
- Formatting the article in our typesetting template.
- Formatting tables and figures in the article.
- Obtaining source permissions for tables, figures, and/or images.
- Fact-checking citations in the reference list.